CRAVE Brand Ambassador, Chef Daniel Green was invite on to Twin Cities Live to talk CRAVE America’s Valentine’s Weekend Menu which includes a special $89 Prix Fixe 3-course dinner for two and to demonstrate how to cook the Chef Specials Salmon & Shrimp dish!
How To Prepare CRAVE’s Grilled Salmon & Shrimp Duo
1 6oz Salmon Filet
3 ea Shrimp
1 Tablespoon House Seasoning
2 oz Artichoke Copananta
4 oz Ginger Carrot Puree
6 ea Sauteed Asparagus
1 oz Beurre Blanc
1 teaspoon Micro greens
- Oil and season the salmon, asparagus, and shrimp and place on the grill.
- Place ginger carrot puree in the center of a large entrée plate
- With a spoon do a circle spoon push
- Place the asparagus diagonally at 2 and 8 o’clock
- Place salmon in the middle at 12 and 6 o’clock
- Stand the shrimp up against the salmon on the left
- Place the copananta against the shrimp
- Ladle beurre blanc on top of the salmon and shrimp
- Garnish with bulls blood
¼ cup Olive Oil Blend
1 cup Celery, medium diced
¼ cup Yellow Onions, medium diced
3 ea. Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced
½ cup Roasted Tomato Sauce
½ cup White Wine
¼ cup White Vinegar
½ lbs Artichoke Hearts, drained and medium diced
½ cup Pitted Green Olives, rough chopped
¼ Macadamia Nuts, chopped small
2 Tablespoon Granulated Sugar
2 Tablespoon Capers, drained
1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
½ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
3 Tablespoons Basil, fine julienne
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- In a large skillet heat the ¼ cup of olive oil until shimmering, add the celery, onions, and garlic and cook over medium heat for 4 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, wine, vinegar, artichokes, olives, mac nuts, sugar, capers, and season with salt and pepper
- Simmer till the vegetables are tender and liquids are reduced about 8 minutes then stir in basil
Carrot Ginger Puree
2 lbs Carrots, large diced
2 oz Olive Oil blend
2 cups Cream
3 Tablespoons Sugar
2 tsp Ginger, minced
2 tsp Kosher Salt
¼ tsp Cinnamon Ground
1/8 tsp Ground Nutmeg
2 oz Unsalted Butter
2 tsp Orange Zest
- Toss diced carrots in oil and place on a sheet tray and roast in 350 for ten minutes. Until the carrots are cooked all the way through.
- In a sauce pan melt butter. Add ginger, cream, salt, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, orange zest.
- Bring this mixture to simmer.
- Place half of the warm cream mixture and all the carrots in the blender.
- Add the rest of the cream in slowly until the mixture is smooth and bright orange.
- Save the remaining cream mixture for reheating or thinning out.
To learn more about our Valentine’s weekend menu and to see our other specials view our menu HERE.